Clear All

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    Is Jody Adams married?
    I believe she is engaged
    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
      For those blocked by Kansas.com Gregg said:

"I've always known Jody to be very intense and demanding. I've never seen her, in the seven years we've worked together, do anything that I would consider crossing the line. I know she holds herself and her team to a very high standard".
      In 3G's we trust, right? ;)
      The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
        I'm going to cover a few different situations here and will do my best to stay on topic.. For starters, I would assume Sexton would be taking this matter much more serious now, being as how this issue with Adam's is turning into a reoccurring thing.
        It seems like there's a lot of pressure on the WSU athletic department right now with Adam's and then Chris Jans possibly returning. Let's also not forget the dumpster fire over at Eck Stadium.
        Right now it's tough to say what will come of all this. I seem to recall Gene Stephenson having reputation for being a jerk over the years and nothing ever happened, until that is, he just wasn't winning enough. Just because a coach is mean doesn't mean they have to go.
        I would think the only way a coach gets the boot for being mean is if things turned physical.

Comment

Just a feeling that ON the COURT, Gregg's coaching style and JA's may be very similar. However, OFF the court, Gregg may treat his players differently (better at relationships) and I think that coaching girls probably is different. They may react to being berated differently.

Comment

I am not sure how relevant Coach Marshall's thoughts are as I have heard Mike Kennedy say on numerous occasions that the teams don't cross paths or interact very often. So Coach Marshall's opinions may be based on a relatively small amount of exposure to Jody. I'm pretty sure he has not been involved in the investigation nor has he read any of the players statements. I'm sure he doesn't want to nor should he be injected into the middle of this.

However, Jody and her supporters certainly deserve to have their side of the story heard.

Obviously they aren't just going to poll the players and make a decision based on a majority vote. @shockerfanmas is probably correct in that it will may come down to which side of the story the decision makers choose to believe and will they feel that they can take action based on a bunch of "we said, they said, she said, I said" testimony.

This is why I think the testimony of Alex Harden and Kelsey Jacobs may well be the key to how this story is resolved. Those two girls had the longest (in terms of games played) and most successful (in terms of games and championships won) careers in Shocker women history. Alex Harden is the most decorated player and thought by many to be the best player in WSU WBB history. These players certainly would not seem to have an axe to grind regarding their careers at WSU. I have heard that Julie Scherz interviewed Alex and Kelsey but I do not have any 1st hand knowledge of that.

If the decision makers can support Jody's "style" and live with perhaps a higher than average amount of player turnover and other potential fallout then Jody will continue to be the head coach until she finds the greener pastures she has been seeking. If the decision makers do not want to support that "style" then perhaps we will have a parting of the ways due to philosophical differences, although that could be a fairly expensive decision by the University.

If Jody stays there could also be some loss of financial support as the WBB fan base will no doubt decide to make a choice as well. No doubt at least some of those fans may choose to spend their dollars and spend their time elsewhere. However, we aren't talking about a huge season ticket fan base so that may not an important consideration.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 26, 2015, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
              Just a feeling that ON the COURT, Gregg's coaching style and JA's may be very similar. However, OFF the court, Gregg may treat his players differently (better at relationships) and I think that coaching girls probably is different. They may react to being berated differently.
              I might add that if someone is berated in a way that they are personally (not dealing with their basketball ability) offended, it would make a difference also. Gregg may not get personal but really attack their basketball abilities and mental toughness. However, this is a fine line because I would imagine that Gregg gets pretty personal if a player is overweight or if they are not physically fit. There may be other ways where he questions their commitment to their basketball ability, the basketball team, or the classroom.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                On Gregg wondering if coaching women might be his best career path: “When he was coaching at College of Charleston, he said something about maybe going into women’s coaching. He didn’t think he was ever going to get an opportunity in men’s coaching. I told him, ‘Do not go into women’s coaching.’ I don’t think he has the mentality for it, or at least for dealing with someone like me. I told him that women start crying sometimes and he was like ‘What?’”

Comment

Maybe Jody needs to go into coaching on the men's side. It may be a better fit. (TIC)

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                    I believe she is engaged
                    i feel sorry for him.

Comment

i feel sorry for him.
                      So wonder what dinner conversation is like in that household?

Comment

i feel sorry for him.
                        Or Her

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                          Only think I don't understand is for every 10 or so that have negative comments about HCJA and staff, only 1 has positive comments. Not a very good ratio at all. You have to wonder what's really the story behind the ones praising HCJA. I feel there's more to the story with some of them, but at this point everything is he said/she said. Who do you believe? I'm still inclined to believe the majority, the ones that didn't have much positive to say.
                          It may, in fact, not be either/or. Both may be telling the truth as they experienced it. If you hear former players of Bobby Knight talk, some of them say he was a huge positive influence on their life (both on and off the basketball court) while others felt he abused them. I don't think Knight was a different coach with one group of players than he was with the others; I just think some people benefited from the same approach that was destructive to others. Whatever you ultimately feel about a Coach Knight or a Coach Adams, you don't have to assume that one group of players is lying and the other is telling the truth. They may have genuinely had different reactions to the same experience.
                          The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

I don't think Jody's personal life is an issue here so I would suggest we not be too concerned about that.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXJOCK View Post
                              Or Her
                              He's a dude.
                              The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                                Only think I don't understand is for every 10 or so that have negative comments about HCJA and staff, only 1 has positive comments. Not a very good ratio at all. You have to wonder what's really the story behind the ones praising HCJA. I feel there's more to the story with some of them, but at this point everything is he said/she said. Who do you believe? I'm still inclined to believe the majority, the ones that didn't have much positive to say.
                                A lot of that could be attributed to the manner in how the question is worded.
                                "Tell me about a time when you feel Jody was abusive", in contrast to "tell me about some of the positive things Jody taught you and was supportive to you as a student athlete."

That's why I'm not a big fan of witch hunts or the mentality of we'll follow wherever the path takes us.

I'm not the biggest fan of ADES, and have in the past been more critical than supportive. However I find it very difficult to believe he would turn a blind eye to some of the allegations I've read if they were indeed substantiated.

I don't know if Jody will survive and remain HC, but I sure don't like the way this is being played out.
                                It damages both the HC, the student athletes, and the WSU athletic department

Is there a developing trend of mismanaging coaching discipline issues until it's too late? More divisiveness?

Comment

Working...
                                X